Sunday 23 October 2016

Module 3

Due to the nature of my chosen topic, a lot of my thoughts have been documented in my personal journal the last few months. However, today I put aside some time to just read and connect with fellow students blogs. I had become so overwhelmed with everything I needed to do for my own study that reading and commenting on other peoples blogs had become last on my 'to do' list. Living in Singapore I have often felt quite alone studying for this degree. The time difference makes organising Skypes extremely difficult. With technical issues of not being able to access the university library, financial issues figuring out a way to pay for my final module and working full time as a teacher, it's  definitely been a stressful start to module 3! I know I find it difficult to ask for help and always feel like I'm bothering people as everyone is so busy. I also feel like I should be able to find the answer myself. However, reading blogs this morning has made me realise the importance of connection and discussion. I have learnt so much just by reading other peoples journeys so far. This has really given me confidence.
I have been making notes about all the literature I have been reading in a notepad. For me, I just prefer hand writing my notes. I'm now wondering though whether I should write these all up onto my blog....or whether that would be bad time management. I have definitely learnt that it is ok to go at your own pace and that I shouldn't compare where I'm up to with others. This is a big learning curve for me.


1 comment: