Monday 21 March 2016

Making connections and making decisions

I have spent the evening making connections with people on my course and really taking the time to go on other peoples blogs and leave comments. On reflection I haven't done this enough so far. It felt great to engage with others on the course and read their lines of enquiry. I found it incredibly interesting. I also connected with people whose topics are similar to mind which is great. I used Summon for the first time as well this evening after reading about it on another students blog :-) I have continued my research into my chosen topic and have found that I am struggling to find any negative articles about Dramatherapy and the importance of incorporating drama into the school curriculum. I will continue to research as I realise how important it is to get a balanced view and not just create a biased enquiry. I have also been questioning my chosen titles and although I feel passionate about Dramatherapy, the importance of drama on the curriculum and the benefits of drama for all, I don't know how to focus in on just one of these topics! I also have other potential questions:

Why is escapism through drama important for the 21st Century internet generation?

How can drama help high achieving children with the pressures and fear of failure?

How can drama help children with the challenges they face at school? 

Why is it essential that more drama should be on the school curriculum?

How accessible is Dramatherapy?

How can Dramatherapy help with the pressures Generation Y face?

Why is using creative drama so effective for social and behavioural issues within children?

Why is improvisation an effective tool to challenge children's fear of failure?

I HAVE TOO MANY QUESTIONS! How do I choose?

5 comments:

  1. How these questions have moved on! Kayleigh is also looking at dram therapy - you might have linked up? Generation Y - like the idea of looking at how culture of today's society is relevant to education using drama approaches. I now invite for a 1-1 to now discuss how these might look for the proposal which you are now starting to draft...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! really interesting questions you have there! would love to connect and have a chat about some of your themes as although I am not doing about drama therapy! we may have some connecting links and themes. These questions are so interesting especially as schools are actually pushing out the arts in so many ways, focusing more on academic subjects such as maths and science. It is so vital to see how important the arts is within education and for it not to fade out the curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ami, yes would be great to connect :-) Are you on Skype?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i am on skype name is amikaraevans if you add me we can connect at some point this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes i am on skype name is amikaraevans if you add me we can connect at some point this week

    ReplyDelete